Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ready Set..Blog

Oh, Hi there,
I'm surprised I have not indulged in a blog sooner, what with all my humerous stories and the ridiculous happenings of day to day life. I'm currently writing a reflective essay for university. It is suppose to be about how I have reflected on working in a team throughout my nursing degree or something to that affect. This was a pretty boring topic and the entire time I was writing it I kept reflecting on the silly little things that have happened along the way and how they are much more entertaining than "team work" and reflecting on "professional relationships". So I thought I'd jot some of these funny stories down before I forget them, and if I document them on the internet I wont lose them..as the internet will last forever...

So sit back, relax and have a chuckle at the exciting life and times of Rebecca Hagan.

Disclaimer: No soul searching, personality analysis or confessions of deep seeded fears or anxieties will be published here. Because nobody wants to read that rubbish and between losing my car all the time in giant car parks and doing makup on road kill so they look nice for their funerals I just do not have the time!

Funny story #1:

The time I left my car at the top of the driveway..for a day..running..with all the windows and boot open:

It was a mild day in sunny Ballarat, the birds were chirping and the bees were buzzing. I was in a mad rush.Why? I cannot remember, but it must have been important and possibly involved some kind of hot food. I was living in the residential accomodation in the university at the time. I quickly parked my car, shot out..for whatever reason and ran down to my unit..doing whatever it was I had to do. A friend doing the same course storms into my room.
 "Quick!!! we are going to be so late for sociology, lets go!"
Off I race, giving no thought to my running car, perched at the top of the driveway, double parking at least 3 cars, with the front door and boot open. Off to sociology we go..(riverting subject by the way, truely ground shaking). Anyhoo, lecture ends..food time!..whats this? free BBQ and music on the lawn. Whats that? Beer? Who's that? A group of friends sitting on lawn, in sun with beer and sausage laughing and getting party happy? Excellent. Exchange money for beer, collect free BBQ food and perch on lawn next to party happy friends. The afternoon ticks on..and I'm having a pretty good time. Getting cold..(Ballarat) time to proceed back to unit as have cooking date with bff who lives in room above me. "Cheerio drunk lawn friends"..off I go. On the way down am stopped by fellow resident of uni accomodation.
 No hello, how are you, like you're new dress formalities are exchanged. Simply a,
 "Bec, some dickhead has fucking left their car double parking 4 cars on Res and I cant get down to the fucking shops, is there beer up here?".
You think I would have twigged at this point? Car..double parked, up at res...I did not.
"That sucks, yes there is beer, and drunk people on the lawn, cheerio"
As I approach my unit there is a small congregation at the kitchen table, laughing and playing cards. I sit down, have a giggle, say some funny things, then I look up. Out the window I can see my car..running, double parking at least four cars, with the windows, passenger door and boot open. I try to stay calm. I try to remember why I had left it there? Maybe I was feeling a bit charitable earlier and wanted somebody less fortunate to steal it? Maybe I had forgotten about a scheduled insurance scam that I was apart of where I was trying to get my car stolen and pocket the agreed value? Or maybe, I couldn't find a park, ran into my unit to grab something, got distracted by pending lectures/beer and a sausage sizzle and forgot that I left my car..double parking four cars, windows, door and boot open for 5 hours and 43 minutes up the top of the driveway..?

True Story.
Until next time Bec xx

2 comments: