I lost my shit quite a while ago, and this week I'm planning on getting some of it back.
For those of you that were lucky enough to read my first blog post, it was probably fairly obvious that there is a fair bit of common sense, memory and accountability (and grammatical correctness)lacking from my personality, and blog posts. Thus, the loss of my shit.
My plan of attack is still cloudy, so I thought I would pledge things that I will try not to do, or do less of, as things are becoming desperate.
Pledge #1: I will keep better track of my phone(s).
I have lost a total of 5 phones this year alone, each loss more tragic than the last. The first two losses were not adversely traumatic and happened within 3 weeks of each other. I had too much to drink, flushed one down the toilet and left one on a bar stool respectively. No biggie, makes for a good facebook statues update the next day.
The next phone loss was a tragedy plain and simple. After losing these two phone's I thought it was a perfect opportunity to update to an elusive iphone.
"Do you want insurance?".
"No thanks, I'll be extra careful".
10 days later, iphone is snatched from shopping basket at Boronia Coles, never to be seen again. Devo.
Though the universe was giving it a good go, it could not tame my phone enthusiasm! I headed to ebay in search of a new iphone and ta-da! A brand new phone, locked to my network is there waiting for my purchase. I even go ahead and buy some insurance on the thing, as I am turning a new leaf and have vowed I will be more careful from now on. I pay my money, and wait.
Turns out I have purchased a non-existent phone from a very clever fraud, whose user feedback happens to outline this fairly clearly with bolded capital letters screaming: FRAUD DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS USER, FRAUD!!!
By this stage, my moral is starting to fade. I trudge up to my somewhat bewildered phone salesman, who now knows my name and address off by heart due to my regular phone purchases. He sells me the cheapest phone in the store, even throws in a discount. I suppose this is out of good sportsmanship as I have probably given him many a commission over the past 12 months. I go to the food court and buy a Big Mac meal to drown out the pain of my extreme self inflicted phone misfortunes.
From the food court to the car park I have lost the new cheap phone.
As I turn on my heel to purchase my 6th phone for the year I pledge that I will get my shit together. Thus this captivating blog post, so I guess there is a silver lining after all...you’re welcome.
Bec
No comments:
Post a Comment